vineri, 22 aprilie 2011

Letter to Ivan Dodig


Dear Mr. Dodig,

I am writing with regard to your lattest results in the Barcelona tournament. I am always interested in new talents and I always enjoy seeing lower-ranked players advancing to the final stages of competitions. Please accept my heartiest congratulations on your recent victories, especially those over Robin Soderling and Milos Raonic. I can say I am impressed by the way you fought and the way you could handle the pressure of playing against these seeded players and big names.

Oh please, who am I lying?! You've just beaten two of my biggest favourites! Am I happy for a new name on the tennis map? Yes. Am I happy for you and your strong game? Yes. Am I happy you're here, in the quarterfinals? Yes. Do I want Feli to beat you today? Yes!

I might understand who you defeated Robin. He is not in the best shape, he came after an injury which made him miss the Monte-Carlo Masters, it's okay. But how on Earth have you defeated Milos? I will never know.

Now, Mr. Dodig, please ignore the lattest two paragraphs. I wish you the best luck in your match today! Despite the minor things I complained about, I would like to see you even higher.

Yours sincerely,
Ioana

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu