joi, 14 aprilie 2011

Ferraonic!

Oh, boy! I don't know yet if it's good or bad. I'm sure it will be one of the most exciting matches of the tournament and that's good. But it's too bad that one of them has to lose so early, because I could see both of them in the quarterfinals, semifinals or, why not, final.

We already know Ferrer is one of the best players of the moment on clay. He simply destroyed Feli yesterday, 6-2, 6-0. Not that Lopez could have been the biggest challenge. Maybe only at hotness, but anyway. David has everything to be a champion on this surface. He is the prove that you don't need Rafa's forehand or Novak's backhand to be a real Top 10 player and a real danger for the best players in the world.

Milos, on the other hand, keeps amazing me more and more with each match. He doesn't have only the monster serve, he doesn't have any weak shot actually. It's true that he has the strong forehand, but I wouldn't like to be in front of his backhand either. (Jealous, Nando?) And the way he can play on both clay and hard AND such a short time after leaving the ITF circuit, reminds me of young Federer. Yes, I can say it and I don't think it's too early. Young Federer with better mental composure and focus, which are impressive at someone of his age. Young Federer's grandeur and today's Federer's psyche. Only good things can come out from that.


I hope whoever wins today will be able later to face Federer or Nadal from equal to equal and to play strong, solid matches against anyone. 'Cause I'm sure today will be played one hell of a battle out there!

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu