joi, 28 aprilie 2011

Adi's bad luck

That's a bad luck! After passing the qualifications at Belgrade without any problems, he had to face a Spaniard, Ruben Ramirez Hidalgo. Unfortunately, I couldn't watch the match but seeing the score, it makes me strongly believe that it was one of those heart-attack confrontations à la Adrian Ungur.

After this, he couldn't have had worse luck. The infamous unbeaten guy who has scared the West, East and South, Novak Djokovic. I wasn't expecting anything. I was hoping. Hoping for a beautiful match. Again, the tennis gods (tournament organizers, actually) were not on my side and put it in the same time as Real-Barcelona. Sorry, tennis...

So all I can say is that Nole won in two and that I heard that Adi did his best out there and was impressive. And I'm sure he was. I liked him a lot in Davis Cup, firstly against Stakhovsky, in his very first match for Romania, then against Giova Lapentti, when he came back from 0 sets to 2 to give our team a 2-0 lead against Ecuador, everything culminating with a victory against Pico Monaco in Argentina. He amazed me with his gorgeous one-handed backhand that can easily make anyone think he is not a Top 100, but a Top 50 player.

It's too bad that he doesn't leave for once the Challengers and starts to play bigger tournaments, 'cause he prooved he IS able to play at a high level and against anyone.

Doesn't matter, Adi! You're still prettier! :)

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu