miercuri, 30 martie 2011

Evolution of my Petkorazzi love

First thing that comes to my mind when I hear the name Andrea Petkovic? Clearly a special girl, very different from the other WTA stars, surely one of the funniest. Inventor of the famous Petkorazzi Dance which I just love. Also a strong player, with some bad moments like any player, but never one to underrate.

This week at Miami she did a great thing not just for her, but also for Germany. By beating Wozniacki she scored her first victory against someone in Top 5 and became the first player from Germany who wins against a world No.1 since Steffi Graf (1999 against Martina Hingis).

As my sympathy for Caroline was never too big and seems to shrink even more, I was happier than ever to see the Petko dance, without knowing her next opponent. Jelena. Oh, come on! I was hoping Andrea would make a big result here at Miami after that victory, but against JJ?... No. Sorry, but no.

Well, she didn't really care about what I wanted and took Jankovic out in three. Sometimes, after someone beats one of my biggest favourites, there are a few matches when I won't support him/her and I thought this was going to be the case, although my love for Petkovic grows with every match.

But when I found out that Andrea's next opponent will be Sharapova, who for me is in the same category with Wozniacki and also beat Alexandra Dulgheru in an extremely close match, I realized I can't wait to see the Petko dance again.

I would like to say that she has a pretty big chance against Masha, but I don't want to jinx her. So I'll stick to a sincere 'GOOO, PETKORAZZI!!!".

2 comentarii:

  1. no dude, she didnt beat Dulgheru in quarterfinals, Sharapova did..

    Petkorazzi defeated Jankovic!

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  2. Yes 'dude', I said 'Sharapova, who is in the same category with Wozniacki and also beat Dulgheru'. If you look more attentively, I actually wrote about Petkovic defeating Jankovic. Read before commenting ;)

    RăspundețiȘtergere