miercuri, 25 mai 2011

Roland Garros, till now

Seems like another Grand Slam was needed to make me watch more tennis again. Not that I wouldn't have liked to, I was just very busy. But these two weeks no homeworks or studying will take me away from my favourites' matches, I promise!
Here are a few thoughts about what has happened on the Parisian clay courts till now.

In the first round, six of our seven Romanians won their matches. Nice one, people! Unfortunately, the tennis gods were not very giving and planned some of the worst (or best, depends how you think) opponents for them.

Simona Halep def. Alla Kudryavtseva, 6-2, 6-1. Next up: Sam Stosur. (Simona lost, 0-6, 2-6)
Edina Gallovits-Hall def. Angelique Kerber, 2-6, 6-3, 6-1. Next up: Anastasia Rodionova. (Edina lost, 1-6, 4-6)
Irina-Camelia Begu def. Aravane Rezai, 6-3, 6-3. Next up: Svetlana Kuznetsova.
Victor Hanescu def. Benoit Paire, 7-5, 4-6, 6-1, 7-6. Next up: Novak Djokovic. (I hate you, tennis gods. I hate you.)

On the other hand, Sorana will face Alexandra Dulgheru, so we are sure we have at least one representative in the third round.

The match which probably shocked the tennis world was the one between Rafa and John. I was speechless at the way Isner managed to play from equal to equal against Nadal, on clay, and pull him into a decisive set. Now, after the way he played, I am really sorry he didn't win. He made history once, he was that close to make it again. But his tennis days are not over, no? ;)

Ryan Harrison, one of the miracle-kids of tennis pulled a set from Soderling and had a break advantage not once. You probably know I was with Robin, but good job, Ryan!

Unfortunately, the other miracle-kid, the bigger one, Raonic, lost in four against Michael Berrer. Too bad, Milos... We're waiting for the US Open though! :)

The inavoidable happened and Federer beat Lopez in three. It's okay, Feli. You win the 'Hottest Player' award anyway!

Well, if that happened in the first round, I don't want to know what can happen in the next ones!
Wait... Yes, I do! Goooo, claaaay!!!

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu