miercuri, 26 ianuarie 2011

Nadal exits AO in tears

A sad moment happened today at the Australian Open. A clearly injured Nadal stepped on the court for his quarterfinal against countryman David Ferrer. But he didn't retire. He played the whole match, although at the final the pain (of the loss!) was too big.


"I had a problem during the match, in the very beginning," Rafa said at the press conference. "After that, the match was almost over. So that's what I can say. But you know what, for me is difficult come here and speak about. In Doha I wasn't healthy. Today I have another problem. Seems like I always have problems when I lose, and I don't want to have this image, no? I prefer don't talk about that today. If you can respect that, will be a very nice thing for me. Thank you."

Don't worry, Rafa! I don't think anyone thinks about you this way!

On the other hand, David Ferrer qualified in the semifinals of Australian Open, where he will face the fifth seed Andy Murray.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu