luni, 24 ianuarie 2011

Lapentti announces tennis retirement

Davis Cup legend Nicolas Lapentti has finally decided to hang up his tennis rackets after an amazing career that has seen him loyally represent Ecuador for 17 years.

"As many of you already know, I have had an injury in my left knee and I've played with pain for the last couple of years," Lapentti said. "I've worked with great doctors but there is nothing they can do.

"It has been very difficult to take this decision. It makes me very sad to leave but I'm satisfied and proud because I've dedicated my career to play for Ecuador."

And we are satisfied because we've seen you in the circuit for such a long time, even in Top 10. As I said before, great player, great person. You will be missed, champ!

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu