sâmbătă, 20 noiembrie 2010

Tennis legends made their picks!

The World Tour Finals are amazing to watch for every real tennis fan, that's for sure. But not just for the fans. Some tennis legends made their picks for the 2010 year-end championship.

John McEnroe: "I would pick Rafael Nadal if this were the Australian Open because I think he's much tougher to beat in longer matches. If he remains healthy he's the guy I would pick for every major right now until proven otherwise. But in the best of three it remains to be seen; I would give Roger Federer more of a chance in a shorter match, and then I'd have to see how it pans out with the guys who are there. But it would be nice to see one of the other guys, whether it's Novak Djokovic or Andy Murray or somebody else, really step up and make an impact... but then be able to follow it up into the next year and go and win some majors. I think that would be important for tennis. But I would still pick those two guys, leaning towards Roger in shorter matches and Nadal in longer ones."

Goran Ivanisevic: "I would go for Nadal. He's had a great year, he hasn't played for the last couple of weeks but I think he is preparing himself and he wants to do well. He has put a lot of things that he has never won before in his basket this year. It doesn't matter what surface it is as long as he is fit and playing well. You also can't count out Andy Murray because he can beat anyone, anywhere, any time."

Patrick Rafter: "I'm going with Robin Soderling. He's playing really well, he's coming off a great week in Paris, he's serving well and winning the tight matches. I like to go for dark horses - I think it's going to be really tight and he's playing well."

Mats Wilander: "You maybe have to go with Roger Federer to win. I think Federer is on to something. He's playing better now, since the US Open this year, than he has in the last three or four years. He's just not winning - although he won the Australian Open, he made the quarters of the French Open, he made the semis at Wimbledon, it's not like he had a horrible year. And I think he wants to cap it off winning the ATP Tour finals."

Stefan Edberg: "Rafa, the way he's playing, is going to be the favourite. There's probably a few players you can't count out - Roger is probably one of the ones who could win it, and I think Robin Soderling actually could also be a winner at the o2 Arena. I think he has the potential, and I think it might be a good one for him to win in order to (go on and) win a Grand Slam. So maybe I'll go for a surprise pick: Robin Soderling winning."

Yannick Noah: "Nadal is in great shape. When this kid is healthy he's unbeatable because mentally he's so strong. It's amazing to watch. Would I say the same for the Australian Open? I would say the same forever - anywhere."

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu